Leicester Grammar Junior School Celebrates Excellent Inspection Report
The Independent Schools Inspectorate has recently published its report on Leicester Grammar Senior and Junior Schools, with both schools gaining the highest possible grade of 'Excellent' in both categories of the inspection: Pupils' Academic and Other Achievements; and Pupils' Personal Development.
The inspectors found that:
- Pupils are extremely proud to be members of the community and their attitudes towards learning reflects this.
- Pupils are highly articulate, personable and confident.
- Pupils’ achievement, academic and otherwise, is excellent.
- Pupils display excellent behaviour.
- Pupils demonstrate excellent respect for one another within a richly diverse community.
- Pupils show excellent self-confidence and self-awareness.
Inspectors also found the school to be fully compliant with the Independent School Standards Regulations, many of which govern pupils' welfare, health and safety.
Principal, Mr John Watson, said:
"We are delighted that inspectors recognised the numerous strengths of the school and were so impressed by our pupils and staff, of whom we are very proud! This is a happy, ambitious and caring academic community - where we encourage our pupils to do and be their best."
This very pleasing inspection report comes on the back of the Senior School's award of Sunday Times East Midlands Independent Secondary School of the Year 2020.