The following is a selection of apps you might find useful, though this is by no means an exhaustive list. Please do let us know of any other apps (iOS or Android) you find useful on firstname.lastname@example.org. As with all apps and websites, please be aware of adverts and pop-ups. Some of these apps may offer in-app purchases, so make sure your settings are set appropriately.
- 10 Minutes a Day Times Tables - Brilliant app to help learn those tables. Also available on android.
- Times Tables Quiz! - Basic multiple choice quizzes to develop tables knowledge.
- Squeebles Times Tables 2 - One of the brilliant squeebles apps – teaches tables up to 12 with lots of mini-games and rewards. Buy all 7 squeebles apps for £9.99 – bargain! Also available on android.
- Ninja Factor - Based on Fruit Ninja. Use times tables knowledge to slice the correct numbers.
- Maths Wiz - Mostly for KS2 – covers a wide range of number work.
- Oh No Fractions! - For top end of juniors – compare, add and subtract fractions.
- Number Pieces - Virtual Hundreds, Tens and Units blocks to help with homework.
- Puffin Academy - A useful browser app, which enables you to use mymaths.co.uk on any device. Also available on android.
The following websites are really useful for improving mental maths skills.
- Maths Magician - Choose operation type and level – gives an exciting certificate at the end.
- Bang on time - Fantastic for those who are struggling to tell the time.
- Powerlines - Mathematical reasoning and addition skills.
- Speed addition - Excellent mental addition.
- Speed Subtraction Just like speed addition, but with subtraction.
- Crazy Taxi - A reckless but fun game for practising multiples.
- Maths Lines - A game practising multiplication and division facts.
- Woodlands A primary school site with lots of useful games.
- Hit the Button - An excellent site for practising multiples.
- Who wants to be a mathionaire? - Mental maths version of Who wants to be a millionaire.